It is a persistent fear among the mushroom hunters. Always doubtful whether the mushroom they just picked is edible one or an impostor that will send him to the nearest hospital. In order to keep toxic mushrooms out of your basket, here are eight of them that you should be wary of.
1. Fly Agaric (Amanita muscaria)
A common mushroom found throughout the regions of the Northern Hemishpere. It has bright red cap with white dots as its instantly recognizable features. Its principal toxic chemicals are muscimol and ibotenic acid, which have a strong effect on your brain after only one hour. This mushroom usually isn’t deadly, but it causes loss of coordination, disrupts sleep, nausea and, its most notable feature, hallucinations. Thanks to this last toxic characteristic, the Fly Agaric has become the iconic fungus in fairy tales.